The company was founded by Max Brockhaus (1867-1957) in 1893. Early that year, he acquired the catalogs of Hermann Brockhaus Haesse, Edward Wedl, and part of the catalog of Joseph Roth. Several operas have been added to his catalog, including Der arme Heinrich. In 1976 the company was merged with the Bonn publisher, Joachim von Roebel (1945-2004). In 2006 there was a major revision to the company that resulted in several reprints of public domain works.
- Max Brockhaus Musikverlag
- Address: Weingärtenstraße 2,
- 53424 Remagen-Rolandswerth, Germany
- Telephone: +49 2228 9123-88
- Fax: +49 2228 9123-99
- 1. www.maxbrockhaus.de, accessed August 13, 2011.