This is the main IMSLP news page. For community related news, please refer to IMSLP:Community Portal/News.
News in this section will automatically appear in the Main Page. (Maybe we could make it a general rule to keep the last 2 milestones here and archive the previous ones. Other news items should be archived when they are outdated (e.g. resolved issues) or whenever it seems appropriate.)
- ÇEVİRİ DEVAM ETMEKTEDİR. İNGİLİZCE HABERLER SAYFASI İÇİN TIKLAYIN! ÇEVİRİYE DEVAM ETMEK İÇİN [TIKLAYIN!]
- Eğer IE6 veya IE7 kullanıyorsanız ve indirme linkleri "kırık" çıkıyorsa lütfen bu sayfayı okuyunuz. Özet: Daha iyi bir tarayıcı edinin! ( veya ), ya da belleğinizi temizleyip tekrar deneyin.
- 11 September 2007 - As reported a few weeks ago, there is a collaboration between IMSLP and Piano Society starting. Finally, everything is set up and ready to go! All IMSLP and Piano Society contributors are invited to help with the initial linking process. Please see the project page for more information!
- 9 September 2007 - The maintenance was actually finished last night, so there will be no downtime today. The maintenance was for the updating of IMSLP to v0.3 (forum thread here). In other news, IMSLP now has 13000+ files! :)
- 8 September 2007 - IMSLP will be down for maintenance for approximately 10-15 minutes sometime tomorrow (probably around 4-5pm UTC).
Older news items that will not be displayed on the Main Page.
- 25 August 2007 - The maintenance was finished successfully. The site should feel somewhat faster, with a few nasty bugs fixed. The other news is that IMSLP now has 12000+ files! We also have the beginnings of a publisher template, with the promise of much saved labor with better formatting to boot. Thanks goes to Jujimufu for the idea!
- 24 August 2007 - There will be a rather extended maintenance of the IMSLP server throughout most of today, possibly beginning as early as 16:00 UTC. This maintenance is necessary for performance enhancements, as well as some bug fixing. It is known that there will be some breakage of functionality due to configuration changes, and all users are encouraged to report abnormalities to the forums after IMSLP comes back up. The breakages will be fixed as soon as possible.
- 23 August 2007 - As per suggestions on the forum, IMSLP has decided to collaborate with Piano Society, one of the largest sites offering free recordings of music for download. All signs point to a fruitful relationship between the two sites, offering great benefits to the users of both sites. Due to this collaboration, there will be changes to Composer pages and Work pages in the next few weeks, with added fields providing a way to link from IMSLP to the Piano Society. IMSLP users are greatly encouraged to help with the initial linking process when the technical aspects (i.e. the fields) are implemented. So keep your eyes peeled!
- 7 August 2007 - 11000+ files! Also, IMSLP v0.2 was released a few days ago, with several new features. Forum thread here.
- 19 July 2007 - IMSLP now has more than 10000 files! And this is less than one and a half years since IMSLP first came online. Celebratory thread here; Gratitude song here!
- 4 July 2007 - IMSLP has now more than 9000 files! At such speed, soon all the public domain scores of the World will have been uploaded!
- 20 June 2007 - Another milestone... 8000 files :) That's 1000 files in less than two weeks. Impressive!
- 17 June 2007 - The IMSLP work page copyright auto-tagger is up and running; its manual page can be found here. Please report any wrongful tagging that shows up in the next few days (not all pages are immediately auto-tagged due to caching, and the cache is retained for a maximum of 3 days).
- 12 June 2007 - The forums are down for maintenance; should be back up in 1-2 days. Update: The forums are back up after maintenance.
- 9 June 2007 - IMSLP is currently having some issues with file downloads, which is being sorted out. Update: This problem should be solved.
- 7 June 2007 - IMSLP has today passed the 7000 files milestone, only 2.5 weeks after the 6000 files milestone! A pat on the back to all IMSLP contributors :)
- 22 May 2007 - Two rather big milestones happened today. First, there are now 6000 files on IMSLP, and this is in less than 1.5 months after the 5000 files milestone, which means we are speeding up! The other major milestone is the new Main Page that you are looking at right now, a long awaited facelift. A big thanks goes to Leonard for this great design!
- 10 April 2007 - IMSLP 5000 dosyayı aştı! Ve henüz bir önceki barajı aşmamızın üzerinden iki ay bile geçmedi! And again this is less than two months after the last milestone! Bütün IMSLP iştirakçilerinin sırtını sıvazlıyoruz! :)
- 26/02/2007 - IMSLP 4000 dosyayı aştı! 3000 barajını aştığımızdan beri iki aydan az zaman geçti. :) Aynı zamanda üye olmayan kullanıcılarında bazı kategori sayfalarında problem çıkaran küçük bir bug da düzeltildi. Başka hata ile karşılaşırsanız lütfen bildirin!
- 16/05/2007 - Due to a mistake on my part yesterday, some of the larger files point to invalid addresses, and cannot be downloaded. This has been fixed, but the fix will need up to 24 hours to take effect. However, you can try clearing your DNS cache (see instructions here), which may fix it (for you) sooner. On a happier note, there are now more than 6000 submissions! Not quite 6000 files because some have been removed, but impressive nonetheless :)
- 26/02/2007 - IMSLP now has more than 4000 files! And this is less than two months after IMSLP reached the 3000 files milestone :) Also, I've fixed a little bug which would make some category pages function abnormally for users not logged in. Please report if you find something else that might be a bug on the site!
- 24/02/2007 - IMSLP index number search added to sidebar :) This should be convenient for anyone trying to find which page a particular IMSLP indexed file is on.
- 23/02/2007 - I've received a few e-mails recently saying that PDF files downloaded from IMSLP do not open. If you are having similar issues, please visit this thread. Thanks!
- 21/02/2007 - Apparently, there was a little oversight on my part yesterday; I turned on the whole page cache, forgetting that IMSLP generates pages dynamically based on language. Thus, turning on the cache meant that the pages will all be in different languages (depending on who visited the page first after turning the cache on). This only affected not logged-in users, which is why I did not notice. However, I have now fixed this oversight, and everything should work as usual :) Sorry for the problems!
- 16/02/2007 - IMSLP turns one year old! Celebratory thread here :)
- 08/02/2007 - There was a downtime of around 30 minutes due to problems on the host's end (see here), but that should be sorted out now.
- 01/02/2007 - Just finished maintenance of database (should be the last downtime necessary for a *long* while). Continue doing what you were doing before the downtime :)
- 31/01/2007 - Update: Finally everything is back to normal... sorry for the downtime! A few unexpected bugs showed up in the server software I was using and I had to switch. Everything should work fine now.
- 31/01/2007 - Finally, IMSLP is on a dedicated server :)
- 25/01/2007 - It has been brought to my attention that the website might have been quite slow as of late due to an increasing amount of traffic. Please visit this thread for more information. Also, a rating system has been established for files :) Should be fairly self-explanatory.
- 21/01/2007 - After struggling with PHP for two hours IFLANG finally works correctly nested now :). Everything should be back to normal.
- 21/01/2007 - I'm currently fixing the nesting IFLANG bug, so there might be times when the wiki page seems blank (apparently it still doesn't work right yet...). Sorry!
- 12/01/2007 - The deletion of pages or files is now simplified with a template. See the help page for details.
- 06/01/2007 - Congratulations to everyone, we've reached 3,000 submissions, in just two months after reaching the milestone of 2,000 submissions! This means an average of about 17 uploads per day, which is an amazing number of submissions!! Congratulations to everyone, and let's keep up the good work (sorry, I couldn't resist the enthusiasm!!! =D -jujimufu )
- 04/01/2007 - Thumbnails and preview samples of scores can now be displayed in the file description box. See Score submission guide for more details. Also, a new special page, the Transform Composer Category page has been created to transform non-template based composer category pages to new template-based ones to facilitate translation.
- 03/01/2007 - IMSLP is now fully and automatically multilingual to the extent of the Mediawiki software itself. Anonymous users will have automatic language detection and language selection on the signup page. Already registered users, however, will need to manually change their preferences (the "my preferences" link on the top of the page) if another language is desired.
- 31/12/2006 - I've finished a little upgrade to the file submission system, which you'll see the next time you submit a file ;) Also, a Happy New Year to everyone from your IMSLP admin :)
- 29/12/2006 - Finally, after a few hours of struggling with nonexistent PHP CLIs and what not, IMSLP is back online with Mediawiki 1.8.2! I will be testing to see if I broke anything, but will not take IMSLP offline again, so go on doing whatever you were doing before the downtime :)
- 28/12/2006 - The IMSLP site will be down for upgrades (and new features!) in 2 hours at 3:00AM GMT. The outage should not last for long :)
- 27/12/2006 - Nomination thread for featured score status now up. Go to this thread and post your favorite IMSLP score!
- 09/12/2006 - On the Current events page, users can maintain a scanning queue.
- 06/12/2006 - Due to a mistake on my part, Bach scores may have shown up as negatives for the last few hours. This problem is now fixed.
- 11/11/2006 - You may experience technical difficulties with the website from time to time. Please see
- 10/11/2006 - New tagging templates should prevent copyright confusion. See Public Domain for more information.
- 04/11/2006 - IMSLP has reached the 2000 submits milestone! A big thanks goes out to all IMSLP contributors.
- 26/10/2006 - The Spanish translation of IMSLP has started! If you are interested in translating IMSLP to another language, please visit the internationalization page.
- 16/2/2006 - IMSLP is finally online!