Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
This work may not be in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922) in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
PDF scanned by University Music Editions
Mainz: B. Schott's Söhne, 1942.
London: Boosey & Hawkes, 1942 (co-publisher)
Public Domain - Non-PD US, Non-PD EU [tag/del]
Composer listed as copyright claimant: "Copyright Richard Strauss, 1942."
||Konversationsstücke für Musik
||Op.85 ; TrV 279
|Year/Date of Composition
||Composer and Clemens Heinrich Krauss (1893–1954)
||Early 20th century
||Orchestra and Soloists
- Countess Madeleine, a young widow (soprano)
- Clairon, an actress (contralto)
- Flamand, a musician (tenor)
- Olivier, a poet (baritone)
- The Count, brother of Countess Madeleine (baritone)
- La Roche, a theatre director (bass)
- Monsieur Taupe, a prompter (tenor)
- 2 Italian singers (soprano, tenor)
- A young dancer (silent role)
- Major-domo (bass)
- 8 servants (4 tenors, 4 basses)
- 3 musicians (violin, cello, harpsichord)