No files submitted.
Midi from MuseScore
Repeats observed. Made a couple of dynamic changes but otherwise the midi is "as is" from MuseScore.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Viola and Piano
Leipzig: Breitkopf und Härtel, . Plate 4996, 4997.
Mono version of low quality color scan
|Work Title||Variationen für die Bratsche mit Orchestre in Es|
|Alternative Title||Variations for Viola and Orchestra|
|First Publication||1830 – Leipzig: Breitkopf und Härtel|
|Instrumentation||viola, orchestra (or piano)|
- Composer not in music sack
- This is his only work in HMB
- Several works by C. Hubschmann are listed in the SBB catalog, including variations in Bfl for bassoon (BH 1910) Flute (1906) and this work for viola.
- See discussion on category page. - Schissel (re the variations for bassoon- 1910??? Handbuch der musikalischen Literatur: oder Verzeichnis der im Deutschen... lists a work for bassoon of the same name in 1817. Are you sure about 1910? Looks like a 1910 reprint of an early 1800s work to me...)
- Additionally, and tangentially a (quick) Google Books search suggests that "Hübschmann’s Variations in E-flat" was being offered for sale into the 1890s or so if not later in several reprints, suggesting some popularity...
- Reviewed in AMZ, but not until July 1832.