See my typeset work here.
See just my madrigal settings here.
Goal: 1000 pieces total by end of 2016.
- Comparative madrigals! Multiple settings of the same text by madrigal composers of different periods.
- (2016-09-01) 400 madrigals! Pretty close to finishing the Willaert Musica Nova, too.
- (2016-08-29) 930. 70 pieces left to go for year, can probably do it. Focusing on serious stuff. Not gonna transcribe small things to get to goal faster.
- (2016-06-03) 900! 60% through goal, plenty of time to reach year's goal.
- (2016-04-13) 850! 40% through 2016 goal, making good time.
- (2016-03-05) 800! Plus 20% of the way for my 2016 goal.
- (2015-12-31) 749 distinct pieces! Missed goal by 1. 15 hour shift involving 7 hr maintenance window screwed me up.
- (2015-10-15) 700 distinct pieces wooooo!
- (2015-08-30) 650 distinct pieces!
- (2015-07-11) 300 madrigal settings! Half of total output!
- (2015-07-06) 600 distinct pieces! Celebrated with a birthday madrigal by Marenzio for #600.
- (2015-06-02) 550 distinct uploads (or really, pages of pieces, because some are multiple parts)
- (2015-05-25) 250 madrigal settings! (at moment, several aren't tagged yet)
- (2014-12-21) 500 distinct uploads!! Woo woo!
- (2014-12-21) 200 madrigal settings! Just noticed!
- (2014-11-25) 450 pages!
- (2013-11-26) 400 pages of uploads!
- (2013-09-20) 350 separate pages of uploads
- (2013-08-10) 300 separate, distinct pages of stuff uploaded.
- (2013-05-23) 200 distinct pages of uploads
- (2013-04-24) 100 uploads total (most of the work done in past years)
Works in progress
Some stuff I may get back to:
- The 1577 bicinia publication by Lasso (50% uploaded--all the vocal pieces and one of the untexted)
- The First Book of Canzonets to two voyces by Thomas Morley (20% done)
- Il primo libro della musica a due voci (Gastoldi) (80% done, 60% uploaded)
- Il terzo libro de varie sonate di Salamon Rossi hebreo (40% uploaded)
- Canzoni per Sonare con ogni sorte di stromenti (Raverii) (40% uploaded--all 4 parts completed 2013-09-12)
- A special book, or books, of madrigal settings of from Orlando Furioso (about 18 pieces uploaded so far--see them in Category:Ariosto, Lodovico. Almost all the madrigals are my work.). I hope to make some clip art from the original 1535 edition to accompany the scores.
- Whatever else catches my fancy from day to day
Works partially typeset:
- Canti C (about 50% done, 40% uploaded)
- Canti B (about 65% done, 50% uploaded)
- Consort songs from the Dow partbooks (all the texted Byrd pieces done, 19 pieces uploaded)
- Playford's 1684 Division Violin (about 80% done--who knows if I'll ever get back to this?)
- Canzone Villanesche alla Napolitana di Adriano Willaert (90% done)
Works 100% completed
- Madrigali a 4 voci, libro primo by Luca Marenzio (100% DONE! fancy cover edition uploaded)
- Canzoni da Sonare a quattro et otto voci di Floriano Canale (100 % DONE! with fancy cover, AND with clip art in the blank parts, from a 1535 source, after a friend helped me figure out the gimp! 2013-07-16)
- Libro primo de canzoni da sonare a quattro voci di Florentio Maschera (100% DONE! With fancy cover!)
- Opera nova de Balli by Francesco Bendusi (100% DONE! with a fancy cover sheet on each part!)
- Giaches de Wert's L'Ottavo Libro de madrigali a 5! (december 2014)
- Gabrieli's Il primo libro de madrigali a 3 (November 2014)
- Luca Marenzio's Il primo libro de madrigali a 5 (december 2014)
- Luca Marenzio's Il seconda libro de madrigali a 5 (december 2014)
- Canzonettes or Little Short Songs to three voyces by Thomas Morley (100% DONE!)
Errors I know exist, which I need to fix.
- got date (decade) wrong on Marenzio's il terzo libro de madrigali a 6
- Vincenzo Ruffo la gamba: source has a typo (Vapriccio)
- Ferrabosco Susanna Fayre: parts use complete-score include file
- Banchiera: Canzon sesta change spelling of title
- Gastoldi 1598 duos mistakenly list Venice as publication location rather than Milan
- Canti C 007 - tritone leap in bass (maybe 0005, but I think 007--came across it while playing in ensemble)
- Raverii: tenor parts of most pieces say "part 3 or 4" instead of "part 3 of 4"
- Morley 3 parts, #17, final note (F) in bassus is octave too high
- Fix colored parts away from 2/3 in C time to 2. 4
- Vaghi boschetti by de wert: correct syllable breakup of Cedri~et (have: Ced -- ri~et)
- Marenzio #11: fix spelling of upload file (filename has #10's name)
- Susanna Fayre by Ferrabosco doesn't credit Ferrabosco in the music. Also, need to modernize spelling.
- Tasso's name spelled in a5 wert pieces.
- Gabrieli's name spelled Gabrielli in some piece.
What is Hawthorne Music?
An in-joke, mostly. The person who introduced me to the viola da gamba later became my landlord. She lives on Hawthorne Street in Dallas, TX, in an up-stairs/downstairs duplex, and owns both. The downstairs apartment had a vacancy, and I moved in. Two other mutual friends referred to this arrangement as something like "The Hawthorne Early Music Center of Dallas". I adopted it has the publishing house for my music, which is roughly based on the look-and-feel of the late George Hunter's editions (well-known in the viol community) published under Northwood Music (now owned Charlie Ogle). None of mine have been physically published yet, but I have plans for the future...
Links to personal interests
My Early music flickr pages.
These categories were almost entirely my creation and work. There were no reliable methods of navigating to actual manuscript and printed book scans before I added these. These have been added as a standard tag now.
Early 17c Violin repertoire
Taken from Willi Apel's table of contents. The links are for my convenience, though I haven't played violin in months now.
Copyright Notice of Intent
Upon my death, I wish all copyrights on any creative work I've made to be dissolved, and all my works to enter the public domain. This includes all work done for IMSLP.