No files submitted.
||Vienna: Artaria et Comp., n.d.(ca.1806). Plate 1789.
||A fair scan of a partially-illegible photocopy of a 200-year-old printing. |
Admins: see Discussion.
||XII Petites Pièces Pour le Clavecin par W.A. Mozart
||XII Petites Pièces Pour le PianoForte
||Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||K6 Anh.B at p.805
The contents are listed here as in the Artaria edition. The order is somewhat different in earlier editions
- Andante [in C major] – source has not been identified*
- Larghetto [in F major] – source has not been identified*
- Andante con Variazioni – from Piano Trio K.564
- Menuetto Allegretto and Trio – from Symphony No.36 ("Linz") K.425
- Rondo Allegro – from Divertimento in D major, K.334 (320b), Finale
- Andante – from Piano Concerto No.26 ("Coronation") K.537
- Menuetto – from Don Giovanni, banquet scene, K.527
- Andante – from Serenade in D major ("Haffner") K.250 (248b)
- Menuetto Allegretto and Trio – from Divertimento for String Trio K.563
- Andante – from Divertimento for String Trio K.563
- Menuetto and Trio – from Serenade in D major ("Haffner") K.250 (248b)
- Allegretto – from Piano Trio K.564, Finale
||prior to 1800
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Arrangements made before the year 1800 from several known Mozart works plus two works whose source has not been identified (see Contents). Formerly K3 Anh. 140b. Not published in Neue Mozart-Ausgabe.
*Christopher Hogwood’s modern edition (XII Petites Pièces (First set). Launton: Edition HH Ltd, 2006. Plate HH77) states that the authorship of these two items remains an open issue, but Hogwood proposes that the original publishers at least believed that these items were derived from Mozart. He suggests that they might be arrangements of wind trios. Both have been republished as Mozart in “easy piano” books, and the Andante in C has also been an ABRSM Exam Piece for Grade 3.