Welcome to my discussion page!
About the submission errors
Hi Kdkeller! I'm in the middle of trying to hunt down a very weird submission error where people get "File not found" errors even though the file exists. Interestingly enough I'm not able to myself reproduce this error, but looking at the error log it seems that you have gotten this error many times even though the file is uploaded. Can you tell me what exactly happens? I.e. when did you upload the file (in relation to when you tried to submit the file)? When did you try to submit? How did it ultimately succeed (did you change anything for it to succeed)? Thanks and sorry for the problem! --Feldmahler 12:59, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
- Hi Feldmahler, AT THE MOMENT I'm having exactliy the problem you described. My solution is to wait, wait, wait. It can last over one hour but it works :-) Thanks for your work and support!! --Kdkeller 13:07, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks for the response! By the way, I assume you are using the German interface? I ask this because this bug does not happen with myself, so I'm trying to isolate the problem. Thanks! --Feldmahler 13:12, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
- Yes, I use the German interface. Hope you kill the bug :-) --Kdkeller 13:17, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
- P.S. When I use the English interface, everything works fine.
- Ahh.... thank you very much! I think this might either be due to an encoding issue or internal language selection issues. I'll try to find and kill the bug asap :) --Feldmahler 14:13, 14 May 2007 (EDT)
A little request
Hi Kdkeller! Is it possible for you to try submitting files using the German interface the next time you submit something? I need someone to try it out :) --Feldmahler 13:58, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
- It worked, thanks a lot! I'll keep an eye on that. --Kdkeller 16:29, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
- Actually, that would be a good idea because I only added debugging traces in the code and didn't modify any other aspect of it (because I have to find out first where it is failing before I can fix it). Which means that theoretically it should be the same as before... so I have a feeling that this bug may be a tough one to hunt down. In any case, the next time someone has that problem, I'll have a code trace in the error log so I can find out where it went wrong :) --Feldmahler 16:44, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
Linder's Deutsche Weisen Collection
- This discussion has been moved to Talk:Deutsche Weisen (Folk Songs, German).
Hello, I read your news entry about the 18000 files. I assume you took this from the incremental IMSLP#, but this is not entirely correct because this number does not take in account deleted files that once got an IMSLP number. There are some 1300 deleted imslp numbers, so the counter under the page title is better approximation of the true number of files. And also thanks for the translation. --Peter talk 17:55, 3 July 2008 (EDT)
- Hello Peter. You're right, we'll have to wait a view days until we have 18000 scores :-) Greetings! --Kdkeller 00:44, 4 July 2008 (EDT)
Hi Kdkeller, thanks for your recent very large scanning project (as well as the others of course). I just noticed that on that page, you had added the 'Tags' field at the bottom of the page. This field is only allowed to be modified by members of the categorization project, all of whom have had to read a very long manual; in this case, your tag was incorrect because you left out the instrumentation parameter entirely (should be v pf). If you are interested in joining the team, please contact P.davydov, but otherwise, please refrain from adding tags in the future as once a page is tagged it can be very difficult to track down and correct. Thanks, KGill talk email 21:14, 31 January 2012 (UTC)