Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
It is unlikely that this work is public domain in the EU, or in any country where the copyright term is life-plus-70 years. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and other countries where the term is life-plus-50 years (like China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide). As this work was first published before 1923 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright, it is almost certainly public domain in the USA as well.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
London: J.H. Larway, 1912 (1-7); 1919 (8); 1920 (9-12).
Public Domain - Non-PD EU [tag/del]
At the end of each file there is included a descriptive analysis by E. Douglas Tayler as included with the original scores.
||The Pilgrim's Progress, Op.41
- 1. Pilgrim's Unhappiness
- 2. Pilgrim and his Critics
- 3. Pilgrim Wandering in the Fields, Meets Evangelist and Begins his Journey
- 4. Pilgrim at the House of the Interpreter, and by the Cross
- 5. Pilgrim's Journey to Palace Beautiful
- 6. The Valley of Humiliation and Combat between Pilgrim and Apollyon
- 7. The Valley of the Shadow of Death
- 8. Vanity Fair
- 9. The Delectable Mountains
- 10. The Descent to the Enchanted Land and Hopeful's Vision of Christ
- 11. The Land of Beulah and the River of Death
- 12. The Celestial City
- 1. [none]
- 2. E. Douglas Taylor, F.R.C.O.
- 3. John Davison
- 4. Arthur Dutton
- 5. Percy Baker
- 6. Bernard Langdale
- 7. E. Percy Hallam
- 8. Charlton Speer
- 9. To The Rev. J.R. Courtenay Gale
- 10. Inscribed to my friend Hugh Ware
- 11. Inscribed to my friend Mrs. Annie Heseldin
- 12. Gratefully inscribed to my friend and publisher Joseph H. Larway
||Early 20th century
||organ (optional voices, bells and solo violin movement 12)