No files submitted.
||London: printed for Stanley Crowder, sold by the author and his son, 1772.
||The Elements of Musick Display'd
||The Elements of Musick Display'd, or, its Grammar, or Ground-Work made easy: rudimental, practical, philosophical, historical, and technical. In Five Books
- I. A Universal Introduction to all the Rudiments of Music
- II. Of Time, in all its Various Moods
- III. The Structure of Musical Instruments
- IV. The Theory of Sound
- V. A New Musical-Dictionary
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
Title page transcription
- The Elements of Musick Display'd, or, its Grammar, or Ground-Work made easy: rudimental, practical, philosophical, historical, and technical. In Five Books. Containing,
- I. An universal Introduction to all the Rudiments of Musick; Shewing the Gamut-Scale, in its antient, and present, State: And of Characters, Keys, and of Transposition, &c.
- II. Of Time, in all its various Moods: with Directions to Performance: And some Remarks on the several Ornaments of Musick; Both Vocal, and Instrumental.
- III. The Structure of Musical Instruments: With the Scale of Musick applicable to each; and Directions thereunto. Viz. The Pitch-Pipe, and its Use: The Organ, or Harpsichord: The Bassoon, and Hautboy: The Bass-Viol, Violin, and Guittar [cittern]: The German [transverse], and Common Flutes [recorder]: The Fife, and the Clarinet: The Drum, and the Tabor-and-Pipe: And of Bells, Peals and Musical-Clocks, &c. With Sacred Lessons; Songs in Parts; and Tunes for Instruments.
- IV. The Theory of Sound, Philosophically considered; shewing the Reasons of Concords, and Discords: with the Principles of Composition, in all its Branches.
- V. A New Musical-Dictionary: Explaining, in one View, The Technical Terms used in Musick, &c.
The Whole is faithfully collected from the Greatest Masters, both Antient and Modern; and methodically laid down for Improvement of present, and future Ages. By William Tans'ur, Senior. - Musico-Theorico. Professor, Corrector, and Teacher of Church-Music, above 50 Years.