String Quartet in C-sharp minor (Reznicek, Emil von)
It is very unlikely that this work is public domain in the EU, or in any country where the copyright term is life-plus-70 years. However, it is in the public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and other countries where the term is life-plus-50 years (such as China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide). As this work was first published before 1923 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements to secure statutory copyright with no "restoration" under the GATT amendments, it is very likely to be public domain in the USA as well.
No files submitted.
Scores and Parts
Berlin: N. Simrock, 1921. Plates 14285, 14286.
|Work Title||String Quartet No.3 in C-sharp minor|
|Alternative Title||Quartett in cis-moll für 2 Violinen, Bratsche und Violoncell|
|Composer||Reznicek, Emil von|
|First Publication||1921 – Berlin: N. Simrock|
|Piece Style||Early 20th century|
|Instrumentation||2 Violins, Viola, Cello|
Reznicek wrote six string-quartets. Four of them were published, two remained in manuscript. The composer did not assign numbers to his quartets. The old numeration is from Wilhelm Altmann in his Handbuch für Streichquartettspieler. Since the two unpublished quartets will appear in print shortly, some renumbering to Altmann's sequence may be necessary. The correct order is:
- String Quartet in C minor 1883 (Altmann No.1) (Gertig 5)
- String Quartet in C-sharp minor 1905 (Wedemark 2012, Editio Reznicek 1000) (Gertig 39)
- String Quartet in C-sharp minor 1921 (Altmann No.2) (not listed by Gertig)
- String Quartet in D minor 1923 (Altmann No.3) [Movements 1 and 2 revised version of Quartet C-sharp-minor 1905, Movements 3 and 4 new] (Gertig 70)
- String Quartet in E minor 1930 (Wedemark 2012, Editio Reznicek 1002) (Gertig 81)
- String Quartet in B-flat major 1932 (Altmann No.4) (Gertig 99)