Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
No files submitted.
London: [printed by C. Maund] for the Author, n.d. (c.1824)
Public Domain [tag/del]
Printer's name on final page: C. Maund Engr. & Printer 5, Stephen St. Rathbone Pla.
||Sacred Music, in Two Volumes. The Words from the Bible and Milton's Works, in Solo, Duet, Trio & Quartett; with a Motet for the Orchestra, by Thomas Anstey, Esqr. Formerly of Peter House College, Cambridge.
||26 anthems, 1 motet, 1 ode
- Volume 1.
- Anthem I. O Jerusalem, thou that killest the Prophets
- Anthem II. What are these wounds in thine hands?
- Anthem III. At the noise of the stamping of the Hoofs of his strong Horses
- Anthem IV. Make a joyful noise unto God all ye Lands
- Anthem V. In Ramah was there a voice heard
- Anthem VI. Praise waiteth for Thee O God in Sion
- Anthem VII. The Lord is my light and my salvation
- Anthem VIII. I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself
- Anthem IX. O Lord God of my Salvation
- Anthem X. Thou art a Place to hide me
- Anthem XI. My heart is fixed O God
- Anthem XII. By the waters of Babylon
- Anthem XIII. Why art thou cast down, O my Soul?
- Volume 2.
- Motet. And it shall come to pass
- Anthem XIV. O for a shout of sacred joy
- Anthem XV. To God the great, the ever blest
- Anthem XVI. How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord?
- Anthem XVII. Let God arise, and let his Enemies be scattered
- Anthem XVIII. O Lord rebuke me not
- Anthem XIX. And the Multitude that went before
- Anthem XX. The Sword is without
- Anthem XXI. Ah Lord God behold
- Anthem XXII. When Israel went out of Egypt
- Anthem XXIII. And they sing the song of Moses
- Anthem XXIV. I saw under the Altar
- Anthem XXV. Lord in thine Anger
- Anthem XXVI. Mistaken foe, thy haughty threats
- Ode: The Redemption, in 3 Parts:
- The Nativity. This is the Month
- The Circumcision. Ye flaming Pow'rs
- The Passion. Ere while of music and ethereal mirth
||1824 (2nd edition c.1830)
||Bible; John Milton
||The King (George IV)
||voice, organ/piano; choir, org/pf; choir, orchestra
- See the advert in The London Literary Gazette, 1824-03-20:
- THE SACRED MUSIC of THOMAS ANSTEY, Esq will be published in the ensuing Month of April. A Prospectus of the Work may be seen at Messrs. Mayhew's; Birchall's; and Mitchell's, Bond-street; D'Almaine's, Soho-square; the Royal Harmonic Institution, Regent-street; and at Mr. Loder's, Grove, Bath: who respectively will receive directions for forwarding the Copies of the Work which have been already, and shall be, bespoken.