||Missa pro defunctis; Seelenmesse
||Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||14 movements (in 8 liturgical sections)
- I. Introitus: Requiem aeternam (choir with soprano solo, D minor)
- II. Kyrie (choir, D minor)
- III. Sequenz:
- 1. Dies irae (choir, D minor)
- 2. Tuba mirum (solo quartet, B-flat major)
- 3. Rex tremendae (choir, G minor-D minor)
- 4. Recordare (solo quartet, F major)
- 5. Confutatis (choir, A minor-D minor)
- 6. Lacrymosa (choir, D minor)
- IV. Offertorium:
- 1. Domine Jesu (choir with solo quartet, G minor)
- 2. Hostias (choir, E-flat major-G minor)
- V. Sanctus (choir, D major)
- VI. Benedictus (choir with solo quartet, B-flat major)
- VII. Agnus Dei (choir, D minor-B-flat major)
- VIII. Communio:
- Lux aeterna (choir with soprano solo, B-flat major-D minor)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1791 (unfinished; first completed 1792 by Süssmayr)
||1800 (score); 1812 (parts)
- Score – Leipzig: Breitkopf und Härtel, 178 pages.
- Parts – Vienna: Chemische druckerei, Plates 1806 (instr), 1812 (vocal)
||Latin (+ translations)
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Voices: soprano, alto, tenor, bass, mixed chorus (SATB)|
Orchestra: 2 basset horns, 2 bassoons
2 trumpets, 3 trombones, timpani, strings, organ
||Libera me Domine by Ignaz Seyfried was written as a continuation of the Requiem.
NMA score (Eybler and Süssmayr’s additions)
NMA report (German)
Requiem in D minor - scores at Sheet Music Plus