No files submitted.
Walter Senn (1904-1981)
Neue Mozart-Ausgabe, Serie I, Werkgruppe 1,
Abteilung 1: Messen und Requiem: Messen, Bd.3 [NMA I/1/Abt. 1/3] (pp.195-264)
Kassel: Bärenreiter-Verlag, 1980. Plate BA 4585.
This “urtext” or “scholarly” (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in Germany and thus is public domain in its country of origin. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum ‘threshold of originality’ to qualify for copyright as an ‘adaptation’. It may not be public domain elsewhere, however. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
Public Domain - Non-PD US [tag/del]
This file is mirrored from the Neue Mozart-Ausgabe.
Carl Rouland (1865-1935), reduction
Augsburg: Anton Böhm, n.d.
Public Domain [tag/del]
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 [tag/del]
*Bars 1-61 of Benedictus absent
||Missa brevis in C
||Orgelsolo-Messe ; Organ Solo Mass ; Mass No.12
||Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus
- I. Kyrie
- II. Gloria
- III. Credo
- IV. Sanctus
- V. Benedictus
- VI. Agnus Dei
|Year/Date of Composition
||1776? (however see NMA)
||1815 ca. (in extract) or before|
1822 ca.? by Novello (vocal score)
|Composer Time Period
||Voices: soprano, alto, tenor, bass; mixed chorus (SATB)|
Orchestra: 2 oboes, [bassoon], 2 clarini (C), 3 trombones (colla parte), timpani, strings (no viola), continuo (organ)
NMA report (German)
NMA score differs from 1878 score greatly, e.g. in the entry of three trombones at bar 5 in the former.
First published by Lotter of Augsburg? (Date not given by NMA) or by Böhm? May have been published ca.1822 by Novello in vocal score.
Breitkopf published ca.1815 a cantata ("Herr auf den wir schauen") using music extracted from this mass and other works by Mozart, arranged.
|Masses by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Missa brevis in G major, K.49/47d ("No.1")
- Missa brevis in D minor, K.65/61a ("No.2")
- Mass in C major, K.66 ("No.3" or "Dominicus")
- Missa solemnis in C minor, K.139/47a ("No.4" or "Waisenhaus")
- Missa brevis in G major, K.140/Anh.C 1.12 ("No.5" or "Pastoral", spurious)
- Missa brevis in F major, K.192/186f ("No.6")
- Mass in C major, K.167 ("No.7")
- Missa brevis in D major, K.194/186h ("No.8")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.220/196b ("No.9" or "Spatzenmesse")
- Mass in C major, K.257 ("No.10" or "Credo")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.258 ("No.11" or "Spaur")
- Missa brevis in C major, K.259 ("No.12" or "Organ Solo")
- Mass in C major, K.262/246a ("No.13" or "Missa longa")
- Missa brevis in B-flat major, K.275/272b ("No.14")
- Mass in C major, K.317 ("No.15" or "Coronation")
- Missa solemnis in C major, K.337 ("No.16" or "Missa aulica")
- Mass in C minor, K.427/417a ("No.17" or "Great", incomplete)
- Requiem in D minor, K.626 (unfinished)