Magyar dalok, S.242 (Liszt, Franz)
10. Adagio sostenuto a capriccio. Allegro vivace (S.242/10)
*#05022 - 0.50MB, 10 (#27–34) pp. - (0) - V*/V*/V* - 524x⇩
Yakov Milstein (1911–1981)
Liszt: Sochinennia dlia fortepiano
Moscow: Muzyka, n.d. Plate 7598
Schott added new page numbering, titles, plate numbers, etc.
scan: score scanned at 600dpi
filter: score filtered with 2-point algorithm explained in High Quality Scanning
I provide the original scanned version and the filtered, because the filter does some changes (smoothening, sharpening borders) and some portions of the scan get lost sometimes (when they are too small e.g.) - so you can choose your favorite. You may ask me for a manually cleaned version.
|Work Title||Magyar dalok|
|Alternative Title||Magyar dallok / Ungarische Nationalmelodien / Hungarian National Melodies / Mélodies Hongroises|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||S.242/1–11 ; LW.A60a|
|Year/Date of Composition||1839-40|
|First Publication||1840 (Nos.1–7), 1843 (Nos.8–11)|
|Dedication||Nos.1–6: Count Leo Festetics (1800–1884)|
No.7: Count Casimir Esterházy (1805–1870)
- 1. Lento (C minor)
- 2. Andantino (C major)
- 3. Sehr langsam (D♭ major)
- 4. Animato (C♯ major)
- 1st version of S.243/2, S.243bis/2. Themes re-used in S.244/6
- 5. Tempo giusto (D♭ major)
- 1st version of S.243/1, S.243bis/1. Themes re-used in S.244/6
- 6. Lento (G minor)
- Themes re-used in S.242/12, S.244/5
- 7. Andante cantabile (E♭ major)
- 1st version of S.244/4
- 8. Lento. Tempo marciale (F minor)
- 9. Lento. Quasi Presto (A minor)
- 10. Adagio sostenuto a capriccio. Allegro vivace (D major)
- 11. Andante sostenuto (B♭ major)
- 1st version of S.243/3. Themes re-used in S.244/3, S.244/6
For the continuation of the series, see Magyar rapszódiák, S.242/12–21
- Nos.1 to 11 composed for solo piano, 1839–40 (= S.242/1–11)
- Nos.1 to 6 published 1840 by Haslinger (Vienna), as "Hefte I"
- No.7 published 1840 by Haslinger (Vienna), as "Hefte II"
- Nos.8 and 9 published 1843 by Haslinger (Vienna), as "Hefte III"
- Nos.10 and 11 published 1843 by Haslinger (Vienna), as "Hefte IV"
- Nos.5, 4 and 11 revised 1843 as Nos.1, 2 and 3 of Ungarische Nationalmelodien (= S.243/1–3)
Themes from several pieces were also re-used by Liszt in his Hungarian Rhapsodies, S.244