Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
This work is most likely NOT public domain in either Canada and other countries where the term is life+50 years (like China, Japan, Korea and many others worldwide), or the EU and in countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, as this work was first published before 1923 or failed to meet notice or renewal requirements, it is almost certainly public domain in the USA and is therefore hosted on an American server for US residents only.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
No files submitted.
Hermann Uhticke (fl.1921–fl.1928), piano reduction
Mainz: B. Schott's Söhne, 1921. Plate 30685.
This file is public domain in the USA only!
It is not PD in Canada, the EU or elsewhere.
||Mörder, Hoffnung der Frauen
||Oper in einem Akt ; Schauspiel
|Year/Date of Composition
||1919; sketches completed 18th of July, Noordwijk; score completed 9th of August
||1921-06-04 in Stuttgart, Württembergisches Landestheater
- Fritz Busch (conductor); Otto Erhardt (stage direction);
Oskar Schlemmer (sets, costumes, choreography)
||1921 - Mainz: Schott
||Oskar Kokoschka (1886-1980)
|Composer Time Period
||voices, chorus, orchestra
- Man (baritone)
First soldier (tenor)
Second soldier (bass)
Third soldier (tenor)
First maid (soprano)
Second maid (alto)
Third maid (soprano)
- Chorus (SATB)
- Soldiers, Maids
- 3 flutes (3rd also piccolo), 2 oboes, English horn, 2 clarinets (B♭),
- bass clarinet (B♭), 2 bassoons, contrabassoon
- 6 horns (F), 4 trumpets (B♭), 3 trombones, tuba
timpani, percussion (3 players), 2 harps, strings (large complement of strings)
- snare drum, field drum, triangle, tam-tam, cymbals, suspended cymbal, bass drum
- Incidental Music (On-Stage)
- 2 horns (5th and 6th from orchestra), 2 trombones (1st and 2nd from orchestra)