IMSLP has added a membership plan. All scores will still be available for free to non-subscribers.
For an overview of the membership plan see IMSLP:Membership Q&A.
For more information on the reasons behind this change, see this announcement on the IMSLP Forums.
Please note that some newly-uploaded scores may only be available after a day or two to non-subscribers.
Lyrics from 'Told in the Gate' (Chadwick, George Whitefield)
Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
No files submitted.
For Low Voice
For High Voice
Boston: Arthur P. Schmidt, 1897. Plate A.P.S. 4437, 4446.
Public Domain [tag/del]
Original images: ca.500dpi, color jpg files approx. 5500 by 7080 pixels. Editing: re-sampled to 600dpi, converted to black and white tif files, de-skewed, and set uniform margins. (#361402). This file is part of the Sibley Mirroring Project.
||Lyrics from 'Told in the Gate'
||Chadwick, George Whitefield
||F.242 ; L.7.71-82
- Sweetheart, thy lips are touched with flame
- Sings the nightingale to the rose
- The rose leans over the pool
- Love's like a summer rose
- As in waves without number
- Dear love, when in thine arms I lie
- Was I not thine
- In mead where roses bloom
- Sister fairest, why are thou sighing?
- Oh, let night speak of me
- I said to the Wind of the South
- Were I a Prince Egyptian
||1897 – Boston: Arthur P. Schmidt
||Arlo Bates (1850-1918)
- Nos.1, 7, 10: Max Heinrich
- No.2: Mrs. James C. Little
- No.3: Harriet P. Sawyer
- No.4: Mrs. Halsey C. Ives
- No.5: G. Campanari
- No.6: I. M. C. (Ida May Chadwick)
- No.8: "To Eoline"
- No.9: Perry Averill
- No.11: Gertrude Edmands
- No.12: William Lincoln Cosby
||The Lied, Art Song, and Choral Texts Archive