Les morts, S.112/1 (Liszt, Franz)
No files submitted.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano solo (Liszt)
August Göllerich (1859–1923)
Berlin: Marquardt, 1908.
From Göllerich's biography of Franz Liszt. Original images: ca.400dpi, color jp2 files approx. 2950 by 4530 pixels. Editing: re-sampled to 600dpi, converted to black and white tif files, de-skewed, and set uniform margins.
scan: score scanned at 600dpi
filter: score filtered with 2-point algorithm explained in High Quality Scanning
I provide the original scanned version and the filtered, because the filter does some changes (smoothening, sharpening borders) and some portions of the scan get lost sometimes (when they are too small e.g.) - so you can choose your favorite. You may ask me for a manually cleaned version.
|Work Title||Les morts|
|Alternative Title||Ode funébre No.1|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||S.112/1 ; LW.G25/1|
|Year/Date of Composition||1860|
|Librettist||Félicité-Robert de Lamennais (1782–1854)|
|Dedication||Cosima von Bülow|
|Composer Time Period||Romantic|
|Instrumentation||Voices: male chorus (TTBB) ad lib.|
Orchestra: 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets (A), 2 bassoons + 4 horns (E), 2 trumpets (E), 3 trombones, tuba + timpani, snare drum, cymbals, bass drum + harp + strings
- Composed for orchestra (and male chorus ad lib.), 1860 (= S.112/1)
- Published 1916 by Breitkopf & Härtel (Leipzig), as No.1 of Odes funebres
- Arranged for solo piano, 1860 (= S.516)
- Published 1908 by Marquardt (Berlin) in August Göllerich's biography Franz Liszt
- Arranged for piano 4 hands, 1860 (= S.601)
- Not published [?]
- Arranged for organ, 1884? (= Trauerode, S.268/2)
- Published 1890 by Siegel (Leipzig)