||Ian Kemp (1931*)
||Hector Berlioz: New Edition of the Complete Works, vol.13 |
Kassel: Bärenreiter-Verlag, 1975. Plate BA 5453 (issued 1975)
This “urtext” or “scholarly” (scientific) edition was published at least 25 years ago in Germany and thus is public domain in its country of origin. Such editions are also public domain in Canada because they fail to meet the minimum ‘threshold of originality’ to qualify for copyright as an ‘adaptation’. It may not be public domain elsewhere, however. More information about this can be found here.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
||La belle voyageuse
|Opus/Catalogue NumberOp./Cat. No.
||Œuvre 2, No.4 ; H 42 (3 extant versions)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||1842-12-29 in Stuttgart (mezzo and orchestra)|
1851-03-25 in Paris, Salle Ste-Cécile (female chorus and orchestra)
||1830 (vocal score)|
1844, 1975 (full scores)
||Thomas Moore (1779–1852), Irish Melodies|
Thomas Gounet (1801–69), French translation
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||A: mez, piano|
B: TTBB, piano – LOST
C: mezzo-soprano, orchestra (flute, 2 oboes, 2 clarinets, 1 bassoon, strings)
D: SA chorus, orch
- Paris: January 1830, as Œuvre 2, No.4 (vocal score)
- Paris: 1844 (full score of H 42C)
- Paris: 1863, reduction of H 42C included in Collection de 32 Mélodies: no. 10
- Leipzig: Breitkopf und Härtel, n.d., as part of Hector Berlioz Werke (1900–07), Serie VI, Band 15 (1903) and Serie VII, Band 17 (1904), edited by Charles Malherbe and Felix Weingartner
- Kassel: Bärenreiter, as part of New Berlioz Edition (1967–2005)
- H 42C and 42D in BA 5453, Volume 13 (1975), edited by Ian Kemp
- H 42A in BA 5455, Volume 15 (2005), edited by Ian Rumbold
Libretto at The Hector Berlioz Website