This work likely not be in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments) in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
No files submitted.
Paris: Alphonse Leduc, 1924. Plate A. L. 16,617.
Public Domain - Non-PD US, Non-PD EU [tag/del]
||La Ballade de la Geôle de Reading
- Il n’avait plus sa tunique écarlate
- Cette nuit là, les corridors vides furents pleins de formes effrayantes
- Le vent frais du matin commença à gémir
|Year/Date of Composition
||1921 (or 1920–22?)
- aux Concerts Colonne
||à M. Gabriel Pierné
||Early 20th century
- 3 flutes (3rd also piccolo), 2 oboes, English horn, 2 clarinets (A),
- bass clarinet (A), 2 bassoons, sarrusophone
- 4 horns (F), 3 trumpets (F), 3 trombones, tuba
timpani, bass drum, cymbals, triangle, snare drum, tam-tam, xylophone, celesta, 2 harps, strings
||Notes to Naxos/Marco Polo Recording|
All Music Guide
Inspiré de « La Ballade de la Geôle de Reading » d'Oscar Wilde.