Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
IMSLP is grateful for any donations in the form of bandwidth/servers to mirror the site.
A common home internet connection (cable, DSL) cannot be used for mirroring. Mirroring requires one of the following:
- a server in a data center or otherwise designed for webhosting, preferably with no bandwidth limit and a speed of 10Mbps minimum, or
- a fiber connection with no bandwidth limit and a speed of 10Mbps minimum (FIOS has been tested, but other fiber connections may also work).
- We will need a minimum of 100GB free disk space.
- The server must be online 24/7, though occasional maintenance downtime is perfectly fine.
- The server must be on a static IP address (the default for data center servers).
- You should know how to run a SSH server and a webserver. (Nothing fancy; you just need to know how to start the server software and update periodically as necessary.)
How to set up mirror
- Install the following software:
- a SSH server (e.g. OpenSSH)
- a webserver (e.g. nginx or lighttpd)
- Test to make sure SSH and webserver can be accessed from the internet.
- E-mail Feldmahler:
- The address of the server (either URL or IP is fine)
- The SSH access credentials (username, password)
... and we'll take care of the rest!