The contents in the "current" section is displayed on the home page. Keep this in mind when changing this page. Keep new entries at the top.
When adding new scores to the list, please take one entry in the "current" section and paste it to the "archive."
This featured list is intended to give special attention to rare editions, complete collections, or just nice things (complete operas, sets of parts, etc.). Pay attention to the scan quality of the score, which, of course, has to be excellent. Of particular interest are editions that have a certain musicological historical value.
Try to space out the pieces by composer, nationality, style, forces, etc.
Be aware that changes to this page will be reflected in the lay-out of the homepage.
If you have any questions, ask me. Snailey Yell at me Email me
Criteria (feel free to edit)
- Must have verified publisher information.
- Must be PD in all three categories. - others must go in Runners-Up.
- Should be complete, rare or nice (see above).
- Should be good quality scans (8+).
- Add the top from "Upcoming" to the top of Current. Remove it from "Upcoming."
- Take the bottom of "Current" and place it in "Archive" Under the div tag. Remove it from "Current."
- Refresh Main Page
- For complete collections : [[:Category:Composer|Composer's]] complete [Intersection link Whateverthingies], published as/by [[Publisher|Imprint]] (optional: as [[Collection#Series|Series X]] of [[Collection|Name]]). Edited by Editor.
- Other: The something (and something) of [[:Category:Composer|Composer's]] [[Piece|Name]], published by [[Publisher|Imprint]]. Edited by Editor.
Feel free to get creative! It makes it a little less monotonous for the viewer
- The autograph manuscript of Debussy’s String Quartet in G minor, Op.10.
- The autograph manuscript of Bach’s Herr Gott, dich loben wir, BWV 16.
- The full scores of Nielsen’s complete concerti (for clarinet, flute, and violin), published by Carl Nielsen Udgaven with Det Kongelige Bibliotek, and Wilhelm Hansen.
- The first edition of Billings’s Music in Miniature, published by the composer.
- The first editions of Corrette’s methods for flute, harpsichord, mandolin, vielle, violin, and violoncello, published by the author.
- The first edition of Gounod’s Faust, published by Choudens.
- The autograph manuscript of Bach’s Gott soll allein mein Herze haben, BWV 169.
- The full score for Chaminade’s Konzertstück, Op.40 suite, published by Enoch & Cie.
- The manuscript of Graun’s Merope, GraunWV B:I:32 from Österreichische Nationalbibliothek.
- The first edition of Berlioz’s Tristia, Op.18, H 119, published by Richault.
- The autograph manuscript of Caldara’s Gloria in C major from Österreichische Nationalbibliothek.
- The full score for Chaminade’s Callirhoë, Op.37 suite, published by Enoch & Cie.
- The manuscript of Caldara’s Adriano in Siria from The National Library of France.
- Indy’s 88 Chansons populaires du Vivarais, Op.52 and Chansons Populaires recueillies dans le Vivarais et le Vercors, published by Durand and Heugel.
- The first edition of Berlioz’s overture to Les francs-juges, H 23, published by Richault.
- The autograph manuscript of Piccinni’s Demetrio.
- The full score and parts for Chaminade’s Concertino pour Flûte, Op.107, published by Enoch & Cie.
- The autograph manuscript of Bach’s Gloria in excelsis Deo, BWV 191.
- The full score of Lekeu’s Fantaisie pour orchestre sur deux airs populaires angevins, published by Rouart, Lerolle & Cie.
- The full score of Spontini’s Milton, published by Erard.
- The first edition of Corrette’s L'école d'Orphée, Op.18, published by the author, Boivin, and Le Clerc.
- The autograph manuscript of Sinding’s Der Heilige Berg, Op.111.
- The autograph manuscript of Bach’s Gleichwie der Regen und Schnee vom Himmel fällt, BWV 18.
- The full score of Chausson’s Poème de l'amour et de la mer, Op.19, published by Salabert.
- The full score of Cherubini’s Lodoïska, published by Naderman.
- John Watts' The Musical Miscellany, published around 1730.
- The autograph manuscripts of Sinding’s symphonies Nos. 1, 3, and 4.