The contents in the "current" section is displayed on the home page. Keep this in mind when changing this page. Keep new entries at the top.
When adding new scores to the list, please take one entry in the "current" section and paste it to the "archive."
This featured list is intended to give special attention to rare editions, complete collections, or just nice things (complete operas, sets of parts, etc.). Pay attention to the scan quality of the score, which, of course, has to be excellent. Of particular interest are editions that have a certain musicological historical value.
Try to space out the pieces by composer, nationality, style, forces, etc.
Be aware that changes to this page will be reflected in the lay-out of the homepage.
If you have any questions, ask me. Snailey Yell at me Email me
- Must have verified publisher information.
- Must be PD in all three categories. - others must go in Runners-Up.
- Should be complete, rare or nice (see above).
- Should be good quality scans (8+).
- Add the top from "Upcoming" to the top of Current. Remove it from "Upcoming.
- Take the bottom of "Current" and place it in "Archive" Under the div tag. Remove it from "Current."
- Refresh Main Page
- The first (French) edition of Chopin’s Tarantella, Op.43, published by Troupenas.
- The first edition (parts) of Buonamente’s Varie sonate, Libro 5, published by Alessandro Vincenti.
- The holograph manuscript of Saint-Saëns’s song Les cloches de la mer.
- The Mancini Codex, an important source for Italian Trecento music.
- The holograph manuscript of Bach’s Brich dem Hungrigen dein Brot, BWV 39.
- The first (French) edition of Chopin’s Variations brillantes, Op.12, published by Maurice Schlesinger.
- The first edition and second English edition of Tosi’s Opinioni de’ cantori antichi e moderni.
- The holograph manuscript of Saint-Saëns’s song L'attente.
- The Manuscript, I-PEc MS 431, a monastic manuscript from the 1480s.
- The holograph manuscript of Bach’s Bleib bei uns, denn es will Abend werden, BWV 6.
- The first (French) edition of Chopin’s Variations sur un air national allemand, B.14, published by Maurice Schlesinger.
- The first edition of Lenz’s Beethoven et ses trois styles, published by Bernard.
http://imslp.org/wiki/Aus_der_Tiefen_(Bach,_Johann_Ernst) - might be the only modern/printed edition - didn't find any other.