Hungarian Rhapsody No.6, S.244/6 (Liszt, Franz)
John Orth (1850–1932)
Ten Hungarian Rhapsodies (Musicians' Library Series)
Boston: Oliver Ditson Co., 1904. Plate ML-567
Peter Raabe (1872–1945)
Originally scanned at about 163dpi, changed to 600dpi monochrome and cleaned from dust and dirt pixels manually by the uploader.
scan: score scanned at 600dpi (High Quality Scanning)
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Orchestra (Liszt/Doppler)
- Originally published as No.3 in D major (S.359/3) in the orchestral version. Some later editions change the numbering to correspond to the piano version.
Franz Doppler (1821–1883), co-orchestrator
Leipzig: J. Schuberth & Co., n.d.(ca.1875).
New York: Edwin F. Kalmus, n.d.(after 1933)
There is some dispute about the extent of Doppler's and Liszt's contributions
These files are part of the Orchestra Parts Project.
|Work Title||Hungarian Rhapsody No.6|
|Alternative Title||Tempo giusto|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||S.244/6 ; LW.A132/6|
|Year/Date of Composition||1847|
|Dedication||Count Anton Apponyi|
- Composed for solo piano, 1847 (= S.244/6), using themes from Nos.4, 5 and 11 of Magyar dalok, S.242), and from No.20 of Magyar rapszódiák, S.242
- Published 1853 by Haslinger (Vienna)
- Arranged for orchestra by Liszt and Franz Doppler, 1857–60, as Hungarian Rhapsody No.3 in D major (= S.359/3)
- Published 1874–75 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
- Orchestral version arranged for piano 4 hands by Liszt, 1874 (= S.621/3)
- Published 1875 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
|Hungarian Rhapsodies by Franz Liszt|
Magyar rapszódiák - Ungarische Rhapsodien - Rhapsodies hongroises
|See also Wikipedia|