Hungarian Rhapsody No.12, S.244/12 (Liszt, Franz)
No files submitted.
Ignacy Jan Paderewski (1860–1941)
The Century Library of Music (pp.696-711)
New York: The University Society, 1900. Plate 825-16 / VII
Emil von Sauer (1862–1942)
scan: score scanned at 600dpi
filter: score filtered with 2-point algorithm explained in High Quality Scanning
I provide the original scanned version and the filtered, because the filter does some changes (smoothening, sharpening borders) and some portions of the scan get lost sometimes (when they are too small e.g.) - so you can choose your favorite. You may ask me for a manually cleaned version.
Peter Raabe (1872–1945)
Originally scanned at about 163dpi, changed to 600dpi monochrome and cleaned from dust and dirt pixels manually by the uploader.
scan: score scanned at 600dpi (High Quality Scanning)
lower resolution: scanned at 300dpi
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Orchestra (Liszt/Doppler)
- Originally published as No.2 in D minor (S.359/2) in the orchestral version. Some later editions change the numbering to correspond to the piano version.
Franz Doppler (1821–1883), co-orchestrator
Leipzig: J. Schuberth & Co., n.d.(ca.1875).
New York: Edwin F. Kalmus, n.d.(after 1933).
There is some dispute about the extent of Dopppler's and Liszt's contributions
These files are part of the Orchestra Parts Project.
For Violin and Piano (Joachim)
|Work Title||Hungarian Rhapsody No.12|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||S.244/12 ; LW.A132/12|
|Year/Date of Composition||1847|
- Composed for solo piano, 1847 (= S.244/12), based on themes from Nos.18 and 20 of Magyar rapszódiák, S.242
- Published 1853 by Schlesinger (Berlin)
- Arranged for violin and piano, 1850–59? (= S.379a)
- Published 1871 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
- Arranged for orchestra by Liszt and Franz Doppler, 1857–60, as Hungarian Rhapsody No.2 in D minor (= S.359/2)
- Published 1874–75 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
- Orchestral version arranged for piano 4 hands by Liszt, 1874 (= S.621/2)
- Published 1875 by Schuberth (Leipzig)
|Hungarian Rhapsodies by Franz Liszt|
Magyar rapszódiák - Ungarische Rhapsodien - Rhapsodies hongroises
|See also Wikipedia|