IMSLP:Quick Guide to Score Submission
Quick Submission Steps
- Create an account so you can submit files.
- Find the composer page*. If one does not exist, add a new composer.
- Check for an existing work page* for the piece under the composer page. If one does not already exist, click the 'Add a piece to this page' link on the composer's page.
- Check to see that your scan is not already on the page. If it is not, upload it using the 'Add Sheet Music' button in the drop-down menu under "Add File" on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Relax - a fellow member will review everything you've done to make sure it's correct!
*A composer page is the page under which all compositions by someone are listed. For instance, Johann Sebastian Bach is a composer page that includes links to virtually every one of his works. Each of those works is contained on its own work page (an example would be Erhöhtes Fleisch und Blut, BWV 173 (Bach, Johann Sebastian)), which houses all of the downloadable files.
Note: If you are typesetting scores, before you create a PDF file of your typeset, you may also want to check that your work conforms to IMSLP's guidelines for typesets.
See also: Copyright Made Simple
For instructions on how to submit recordings, see Performers Portal