Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
This work likely not be in the public domain in the US (due to first publication with the required notice after 1922, plus renewal or "restoration" under the GATT/TRIPS amendments) in the EU and those countries where the copyright term is life+70 years. However, it is public domain in Canada (where IMSLP is hosted) and in other countries (China, Japan, S. Korea) where the copyright term is life+50 years.
Please obey the copyright laws of your country. IMSLP does not assume any sort of legal responsibility or liability for the consequences of downloading files that are not in the public domain in your country.
London: Oxford University Press, n.d.(ca.1954).
Public Domain - Non-PD US, Non-PD EU [tag/del]
Reproduced from a copyist's manuscript.
||Vaughan Williams, Ralph
- I. Prologue
- II. Narration
- III. Song
- IV. Narration
- V. Choral
- VI. Narration
- VII. Song
- VIII. Narration
- IX. Pastoral
- X. Narration
- XI. Lullaby
- XII. Hymn
- XIII. Narration
- XIV. The March of the Three Kings
- XV. Choral
- XVI. Epilogue
|Year/Date of Composition
||1954-09-08 in Worcester, Worcester Cathedral
- Three Choirs Festival. Soli, chorus, orchestra conducted by the composer
|Additional Copyright Info
||Although purely instrumental selections and arrangements are permitted for this piece,|
items containing any text by the author listed below cannot be added until January 1, 2058.
- I. Traditional (Latin)
- II. Bible (Matthew I:18-21, 23 and Luke I:32)
- III. John Milton (1608-1674)
- IV. Bible (Luke II:1-7)
- V. Martin Luther (1483-1546), English translation by Miles Coverdale (ca.1488-1569)
- VI. Bible (Luke II:8-17), Book of Common Prayer
- VII. Thomas Hardy (1840-1928)
- VIII. Bible (Luke II:20)
- IX. George Herbert (1593-1633)
- X. Bible (Luke II:19)
- XI. Anonymous
- XII. William Drummond (1585-1649)
- XIII. Bible (Matthew II:1-11)
- XIV. Ursula Vaughan Williams (1911-2007)*
- XV. Anonymous (1st verse); Ursula Vaughan Williams (1911-2007)* (2nd verse)
- XVI. Bible (John I:1, 4, 14; Matthew I:23), John Milton (1608-1674)
- *The texts in XIV and XV are under copyright worldwide and cannot be uploaded here.
||Early 20th century
||Soprano, Tenor, and Baritone soli, Chorus, Boys' Choir, Organ and Orchestra.
Hodie - scores at Sheet Music Plus