IMSLP has added a membership plan. All scores will still be available for free to non-subscribers.
For an overview of the membership plan see IMSLP:Membership Q&A.
For more information on the reasons behind this change, see this announcement on the IMSLP Forums.
Please note that some newly-uploaded scores may only be available after a day or two to non-subscribers.
Gavotta, Introduzione ed Allegro, Giga (Vitali, Giovanni Battista)
Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
No files submitted.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For 3 Violins, 2 Violas, Cello and Piano (Torchi)
||Gavotta, Introduzione ed Allegro, Giga
- Torchi took this from a larger work entitled "Varie Sonate alla Francese & all'Italiana à sei stromenti" (Op.11), though the title gives the publication date as 1684, not 1682.
- Torchi's instrumentation under the title is given as 3 violini, 2 viole, violone, though he also says "Componimenti messi in partitura col Basso Continuo dell'A. e la Composizione per Pianoforte di Luigi Torchi."
- Grove's lists the instrumentation of the larger Varie Sonate as "6 insts"
- The violone part is in unison with the bass line of the keyboard part, so is part of the continuo.
- Torchi, Luigi/Editor
- Scores published by Ricordi
- Scores published in 1908
- Scores published in the 20th century
- Pages with items from L'Arte Musicale in Italia
- Sisak, Peter/Editor
- Vitali, Giovanni Battista
- For 3 violins, 2 violas, continuo
- Scores featuring the violin
- Scores featuring the viola
- Scores with basso continuo
- For 5 players with continuo
- For 3 violins, 2 violas, violone
- Scores featuring the violone
- For 6 players
- For 3 violins, 2 violas, cello, piano (arr)
- Scores featuring the cello
- Scores featuring the piano
- For 7 players
- Pages with arrangements