Fantasie über Themen aus Mozarts Figaro und Don Giovanni, S.697 (Liszt, Franz)
Free public domain sheet music from IMSLP / Petrucci Music Library
No files submitted.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Piano solo (Busoni)
Ferruccio Busoni (1866–1924), author of completion
Leipzig: Breitkopf & Härtel, 1912. Plate V.A. 3830
For notes concerning Busoni's completion, see the talk page.
|Work Title||Fantasie über Themen aus Mozarts Figaro und Don Giovanni|
|Opus/Catalogue Number||S.697 ; LW.A90|
|Year/Date of Composition||1842|
|First Publication||1912 (completed by Busoni)|
1998 (completed by Howard)
|Related Works||Based on themes from the operas Le nozze di Figaro, K.492 and|
Don Giovanni, K.527, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
|External Links||Wikipedia article|
- Composed for solo piano, 1842 (= S.697),
- Completed by Ferruccio Busoni as Fantasie über Zwei Motive aus W.A. Mozart's Die Hochzeit des Figaro. Busoni eliminated the minuet from Don Giovanni in his edition. In addition to this cut, Busoni put in extensive markings and pianistic suggestions (see the talk page).
- Published 1912 by Breitkopf & Härtel (Leipzig)
- Completed by Leslie Howard, based on Liszt's original sketches (see the talk page)
- Published 1998 by Editio Musica Budapest