No files submitted.
For Piano (Kram)
||Notion Playing Notion piano except where marked otherwise (in which case the MIDI file was exported from Notion, imported into Cubase, tweaked for MIDI performance and played using the indicated sample set and reverb).
For Orchestra (Kram)
Arrangements and Transcriptions
For Orchestra (Kram)
||Piano Pieces for All Skill Levels
- The Caterpillar
- The Elephant Beetle
- The Grasshoppers of Ur
- Hornets and Cornets
- The Last Dragonfly of Summer
- March of the Army Ants
- Mi Lady Bug
- The Mosquito
- Nabi - The Butterfly
- The Praying Mantises
- The Queen and Her Court
- The Spider Weaves a Web
- Weevil Hoedown (July 4th Celebration)
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
|Average DurationAvg. Duration
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
Arranged alphabetically, however, the pieces can be played in any order or as many as desired - as they are intended to include pieces for all skill levels. Of particular note is "Weevil Hoedown", which was written for Black keys only. Try writing an interesting piece of any length for just the black keys that doesn't sound trite. I think this came off quite well. Also, "Fireflies" must be played in the dark or the audience must close their eyes as the whole piece centers on the anticipation of the fireflies appearance. "March of the Army Ants" and "The Queen and Her Court" were adapted from previous pieces never used. "The Elephant Beetle" was the first of these written a number of years ago. Originally these were all to be easy piano pieces. Turned out they run the gamut of difficulty from very easy to very difficult using a number of different musical styles.
- 3. Fireflies. To be played in the dark (or audience must close their eyes)
- 4. The Grasshoppers of Ur. No idea if there ever were any in Ur. Just sounds cool.
- 5. Hornets and Cornets. Advanced (Play at your own risk)
- 6. Last Dragonfly of Summer. For beginners
- 9. The Mosquito. Performers are to slap themselves and yell out "Mosquito" as indicated. (Not posted on IMSLP at this time)
- 13. The Spider Weaves a Web. Video on YouTube.
- 14. Weevil Hoedown. For black keys only.