Editio Musica Budapest
Editio Musica Budapest (EMB) is the Hungarian music publisher formerly known as the Hungarian State Music Publisher.
This state-owned firm was installed by the communist government on July 1st 1950 under the name of Zeneműkiadó Vállalat by liquidation of most private music publishers, such as Rózsavölgyi & Co., Magyar Kórus Publishers, Nádor, Csárdás. In 1953 the name was changed into Editio Musica Budapest and cooperations with international music publishers began. In 1994 the firm was privatised again and bought by Ricordi and later by Bertelsmann (BMG). In 2004, BMG sold EMB to Universal Music Publishing Group.
EMB is well known for its Neue Liszt-Ausgabe.
- See also: EMB website
Imprints, Addresses, Agencies
Interpretation of imprint often found on the last page:
- Z.7752/6 = plate number/edition
- (4,3 A/5 ív) = size/dimension
- 2005/020 = printing date/registering number of the printing house
- 1950-1953 - Zeneműkiadó Vállalat
- 1953-present - Editio Musica Budapest
- Note: Zeneműkiadó sometimes appears as an imprint on later scores as well. So the same score might have both Editio Musica and Zeneműkiadó (it seems; or at least, different libraries might list the same, e.g. 1967-first-published, score, one as Editio Musica, one as Zeneműkiadó.)
|Z.5486||Lendvay, K.||4 Duetti for flute & piano (sc&pt)||1968|
|Z.6437||Dufay||Missa l'Homme Armé||1970|
|Z.6740||Vivaldi||Oboe Concerto in C major, RV 447||1973|
|Z.10062||Lendvay, K.||Violin Concerto No.1 (1961-2) (fs)||1967|
|Z.13104||Sauer||Etude-Galop (reprint of Rószavölgyi issue)||1986|
|Z.13499||Lendvay, K.||Tiszteletem Mr. Goodman!||1988|