Music publishing firm founded by Charles Heu (d.March, 1869) in Paris in 1828 upon his acquisition of the publishing firm of Mme. Chanel. Heu's company was itself acquired by Louis Gregh in 1877 (1873?).
Imprints, Addresses, Agencies
- C. Heu (1828–1850?)
- E. Heu (1851–ca.1877)
- Paris, 15 Rue Feydeau, près la Bourse (1828–1830)
- Paris, 10 Rue de Mont-Blanc (1830, 1832)
- Paris, 10 Rue de la Chaussée-d'Antin (1831–1853)
- Paris, 16 Rue de la Chaussée-d'Antin (1854–ca.1877)
Hue's plate numbers appear to have been issued in a fairly regular chronological fashion. Dates in parentheses are estimated. The format for the firm's plate numbers followed the changes in company name.
- C. H. #### (1828–ca.1850)
- E. H. #### (1851–ca.1877)
Plate Composer Work Year 107 Marquerie Le galopin industriel (1840?) 184 Rousselot String Quintet No.1, Op.14 (parts) 1830 216 Rousselot String Quartet No.4, Op.25 (parts) 1834 226 Musard Quadrille gothique (parts) (1835) 1018 Rousselot String Quartets Nos.1-3, Op.10 (parts) (1829?)
- Bibliographie de la France
- (and similar)