No files submitted.
||Julian Raoul Besset
||This revised version is a radical modification of the previous volume. Not much is retained except the title and its seminal idea as expressed in the opening poem, evoking the state of mind of a public park visitor whose attention is distracted by the sight of various animals as he takes a stroll.
||Besset, Julian Raoul
|I-Catalogue NumberI-Cat. No.
||4 pieces (original version) & 8 pieces (revised version)
- Burrowing Rabbits / Lapins fouisseurs
- Swooning Swans / Cygnes enlaçés
- Dustbathing Peckers / Baigneuses becquetant la poussière
- Evasive Squirrels / Ecureuils évasifs
- The Peacock's Strut / La Pavane du Paon
- Bickering Birds / Oiseaux chamailleurs
- Oscillating Volpino / Pimpant Poméranien
|Year/Date of CompositionY/D of Comp.
||2013 revised 2014 and modified 2017
||2014 & 2018
|Composer Time PeriodComp. Period
||Early 20th century
||The Swan's Skirl is an expanded version of No.4: Cygnes Avant-Coureurs (Swooning Swans)
This set is a collage of pieces stemming from two different volumes, from which two were extracted (= distracted) as separate works : the Wacky Scherzo and The Swan's Skirl. The latter is quoted at the end of the second piece in the carefully revised version, which comprises 4 new numbers.