An Irish Folk Song (Foote, Arthur)
Boston: Arthur P. Schmidt, 1894. Plate A.P.S. 8468.
This version carries copyright notices for 1894 and 1922 but the plate number would place its printing in 1909.
This file is part of the Sibley Mirroring Project.
Arrangements and Transcriptions
for Piano Solo
|Work Title||An Irish Folk Song|
|Librettist||Gilbert Parker (1862–1932)|
|Dedication||Miss Lilian Carllsmith|
The song was originally published for soprano or tenor in G minor in 1894. Transcriptions/arrangements in the following forms were published:
- for string orchestra
- for mezzo-soprano or baritone in F minor
- for alto or bass in E minor
- with violin obbligato for soprano or tenor in G minor
- with violin obbligato for mezzo-soprano or baritone in F minor
- with violin obbligato for alto or bass in E minor
- with violin and violincello in E minor
- piano solo