No files submitted.
Quintets G.331-336 (Op.36/1-6)
Public Domain [tag/del]
Copied in the 19th century by Louis Picquot from an autograph manuscript
||6 String Quintets, G.331-336 (Op.36)
- 1. Quintet No.67 in E-flat major, G.331
- 2. Quintet No.68 in D major, G.332
- 3. Quintet No.69 in G major, G.333
- 4. Quintet No.70 in A minor, G.334
- 5. Quintet No.71 in G minor, G.335
- 6. Quintet No.72 in F major, G.336 ("Quintettino dello Scacciapensiero")
|Year/Date of Composition
||2 violins, 1 viola, 2 cellos
This work is dated to 1784 in the Berlin manuscript, but to 1786 (probably the year when they were sent to Friedrich Wilhelm II.) in the Paris manuscript and in Boccherini's own catalogue of his works. The title "Quintettino dello Scacciapensiero" for G.336 is used by Boccherini himself in the Berlin manuscript. In the Paris manuscript (and Picquot's copy), the imitation of the "scacciapensiero" in this quintet is omitted.