This page is only for complete editions and multiple selections from the collection here. For most arrangements and editions, see the separate pages for individual works linked in the General Information section below.|
La Haye: A. Stechwey; Amsterdam, S. Markordt. n.d..
Public Domain [tag/del]
This file is part of the Sibley Mirroring Project.
||Six quatuor a deux violons, ou une flutte, un violon, taille, et basse. Oeuvre IX
||Bach, Johann Christian
||Op.8 ; W.B 51-56
- Quartet in C major, W.B 51
- Quartet in D major, W.B 52
- Largo, Allegro con spirito
- Quartet in E-flat major, W.B 53
- Allegro con spirito, Minuetto
- Quartet in F major, W.B 54
- Quartet in G major, W.B 55
- Andante, Minuetto
- Quartet in B-flat major, W.B 56
||oboe (or flute, violin 1), violin (2), viola, cello (continuo)
- Published for flute only (Welcker 1770, Hummel), oboe only (Sieber 1772), Stechway edition has flute or violin on the title page, oboe or violin on the part, figured basso part. Stechwey edition published as Op.9, all others as Op.8.
The numbering of the Stechwey edition is different from the numbering at the top of this page: Stechwey 1 = No.4, Stechwey 2 = No.3, Stechwey 3 = No.1, Stechwey 4 = No.2, Stechwey 5 = No.6, Stechwey 6 = No.5.
- Grove Music lists flute, violin, viola, cello as the only option, and list the publication date as 1772.